The 2017 Transplantation Science Symposium (TSS 2017) respects the privacy of visitors to its website. TSS 2017 strongly believes that our visitors must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, TSS 2017 has implemented the following policy.
NOTE: THIS POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO ONLINE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- TSS 2017 collects two types of information about you when you visit our website: personal information (including, by way of example only, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, demographic information and credit card information) and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site that you have visited and your IP address).
- Personally Identifiable Information:
- TSS 2017 does not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you choose to provide it. Personal information is collected through congress registration, abstract submission and inquiry processes and through other services or procedures that the TSS 2017 may implement from time to time. You are not required to submit any personally identifiable information in order to access information in the public areas of our website.
- To gain access to conference registration and other personalized features on the TSS 2017 website, users are asked to register and provide limited personal information. This information is submitted voluntarily. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not provide it.
TSS 2017 uses information voluntarily submitted by visitors in the following ways:
- TSS 2017 Services and Products.
- Generally, TSS 2017 uses data collected to improve its own web content; to identify popular areas of the website; to respond to visitor and member needs, interests and preferences and to develop new products and services.
- Disclosures to Third Parties.
- On occasion, the TSS 2017 sells conference registrant’s names and addresses in hard copy, label format for one-time use only to approved requesters. The personal information that we may provide to third parties may include names and addresses provided by the members, but will not include phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses or demographic information. Users may request that TSS 2017 refrain from disclosing their information to third parties through an opt-out box that will appear on each form on which a user provides information. Alternatively, users may contact the TSS 2017 at or +1-514-874-1717 to express their preferences if they determine at any time that they do not wish to have the information shared.
- Credit Card Information:
- TSS 2017 does not disclose credit card information provided by its members and customers except to third parties that assist with processing credit card purchases. When and customers choose to pay by using their credit cards, TSS 2017 submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- TSS 2017 collects non-personally identifiable, aggregate information from visitors to our website. This non-personally identifiable information includes but is not limited to the number of hits per page, cookies, referrers, IP address, or other ‘environmental’ variables. The TSS 2017 does not link non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifiable information.